[OT] open source bpm (optical w/g simulation)

Hi,

Apols for the offtopicness of this post, but does any one know of any
open source bpm simulation programs?

If not, would any optical people or physicists be interested in working
with me on this? At this stage I am not really interested in sophisticated
GUIness, more a fast and flexible implementation of the algorithm.

[Beam Propogation Method, used for simulation of light traveling down
a waveguide, and also I believe by physicists in search of that cat they
bumped off.]

Regards,
Mark.