Re: ISDN question

Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:
  >This doesn't say much to me. I've been using ISDN for 5 years, now, and to m
      >e it's
  >always been just another external modem - albeit a fast one that know when t
      >o run at
  >64kb/s and when to run at 128kb/s.
  >
  >I've never seen or used any special ISDN utilities neither under 'doze or OS
      >/2, just
  >their plain old vanilla diallers for any Hayes compatible modem. So what exa
      >ctly is it
  >that isdnutils is going to give me? I'll use it if I have to, but I always l
      >ike to
  >understand the "why", so please excuse my asking again.

If you're using an external ISDN modem, you don't need isdnutils or any other
ISDN tools, because your computer has no direct contact with the ISDN line.

Isdnutils is needed if you have a PC card that connects directly to the ISDN
line.

     "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when
      he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which
      the Lord hath promised to them that love him."
                                         James 1:12