LAN upload speed slow

Has anyone ever seen the following situation:

There are three machines on this 10bT LAN:

iansbox (linux 2.4.0-test8, woody)
crapbox (freebsd 4.0)
caseylaptop (windows 98 SE)

caseylaptop can upload and download from crapbox with no problem. FTP,
SAMBA, WWW, whatever.  caseylaptop can download but NOT upload any files
to iansbox via any protocol.  It transfers <50k and just stops.  No
packets going back and forth.  The FreeBSD and Windows machines can toss
files back and forth via SMB and FTP all day long.  When I use the Linux
machine and copy files from either one of the other machines, the network
freezes happen.

There are no errors in the logs.  Packets just stop getting sent and
received.

iansbox -> crapbox: OK
iansbox -> caseylaptop: OK
crapbox -> iansbox: Broken
crapbox -> caseylaptop: OK
caseylaptop -> iansbox: Broken
caseylaptop -> crapbox: OK

Do I have a flag set wrong in /proc somewhere?  This is very annoying.
Thanks.
		Ian

-----
Religion stops a thinking mind.