Re: some general (samba) questions

At 06:23 PM 10/6/00 +0200, you wrote:
I've got some questions. Hope that somebody can help me with that.
Is it possible to create a samba-user with an empty password? Because if I try so with smbpasswd the program denies the change.

Edit /etc/samba/smbpasswd and change the user's line from
bob:3000:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[U ]:LCT-363F96AD:
bob:3000:NO PASSWORDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[U ]:LCT-363F96AD:

How can I get a view which users are created on my linux-machine? This would be helpful to control which users should be deleted from the system (f.g. if a person doesn't work there anymore)?

less /etc/shadow

And last question: how can I remove an user from a samba server? When I just try "userdel <user>" will the user also be deleted from the smbpasswd file or do I have to take further steps to cleanly remove the user from the system?

you'll have to remove them manually from smbpasswd

--
Criggie