Software to record console output (sort of...)

Hi gang,

I remember years and year ago, when I first installed debian (bo, I
think), the install instructions recommended that you run this little
program that records everything that happens on the console. I think it
just saves it to an ascii file with escape codes, but if you catted the
resulting file, it would play back everything on the screen, so you
could see what you screwed^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hdid.

Someone has asked me to do something and record what I do so that he can
see how it works, but I can't for the life of me remember what this
program was called. I've tried searching through apt-cache and apropos
for record, script, pager, etc., but no joy.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Can anyone remember what it was
called?

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,