[OT?]RE:Installing Debian on W2K

Thanks to all who responded on my problems with installing Debian on W2K. I've learned a lot since then so am including that just in case it might prove useful to other newbies. First my installation on 95 was much easier because drive was already in 4 partitions. I just shrunk 95 as much as possible via fips and then used fdisk to prepare for Debian installation. My new PC, however, has only one partition, and no fdisk.exe. I guess that doesn't ship with NT. Someone has suggested using Disk Manager but I think that with only one partition that won't be of much help. So I guess there's no easy way to keep W2K, create more partitions, and then install Debian on them. It looks like I need to buy Partition Magic (which actually needs a web download to partition W2K).

I really bought this PC primarily for Debian but I use W2K at work and so it seemed best to get a PC with that installed and then add Debian, just as I did with 95. Easier said than done.

Thanks again for everyone who's responded.

Ken

> On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Ken Januski wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I've successfully installed Debian on a pc at work but now have a new
home pc with Windows2000. So I thought I'd follow the same setup I did at
work on a 95 pc, run fdisk at dos prompt. But W2K doesn't seem to have such
a thing. I know this is a very elementary question, and really more related
to Windows that Debian, but I have checked FAQ and don't see anything
regarding fdisk and W2K.