Re: Mark Spieth's ppp correction works for 2.2.17, supporting ltmodem.o driver

note that it is not a ppp fix but a tty fix.
you can not use just the ppp.o compiled this way. This is a kernel rebuild
and reinstall fix. otherwise other things will break like console, normal
modems, etc.
what was done to tty.h is prefectly legit and a logical place to put the
new structure element. however, it is not backward compatible with
previous kernels.

please dont take the easy way out and just use a ppp compiled with the new
tty.h. this structure is too pervasive to not be consisent.

mark

--
Mark Spieth, PhD
Digivation Pty Ltd