Re: problems with festival

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 09:18:28AM -0400, Jim Ziegler wrote:
> I am having the following problem:
>
> bash-2.03$ g++ -o voxmail  -g -lodbc -lFestival -lestbase -lestools -lestbase -leststring -lncurses voxmail.o Subscriber.o TelephoneNumber.o SQL_Database.o VMessageStore.o MyTime.o Lookup.o
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `esd_close'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `AuCloseServer'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `SoundCreate'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `AuDispatchEvent'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `AuOpenServer'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `AuSoundPlayFromData'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `esd_play_stream'
> /usr/lib/libestbase.so: undefined reference to `AuNextEvent'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> bash-2.03$
>
> What am I missing?

You need at least -lesd.  It looks like there's some other library that
you're missing as well but I've never seen it before.  It might be that
the functions (Au* and SoundCreate) are commented out or you don't have
all the .o files that you need on the command line.  Doesn't voxmail
come with a Makefile?

Cheers,
Chris

--
It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.
		-- Benjamin Disraeli