Re: Off Topic: mutt and threading

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 11:06:38PM +0200, Sven Burgener wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 01:23:20PM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> > what if you also want the mailboxes displayed in date order?
> >
> > there may be another way, but here's how i did it:
> >
> > 	% alias m 'mutt -y -e "push Od"'
>
> Neat.
>
> I also have a mutt-related question:
>
> If I leave a mailbox having new mails, they become _O_ld. I don't
> like this.  Can this be changed so that mails stay _N_ew even when I
> leave a mailbox and return to it later?

there is a 'dinna mess with the mailbox' command, which is tied
to "%" <percent> by default.

of course, if you're looking to delete messages here and there,
while keeping new emails new, that's another ball of wax.
(it may be possible, but i've not yet Gone There myself.)

/usr/share/doc/mutt/html/* has some terse but useful info.

if you find that feature (delete this and that, but leave
new marked as new) lemme know...

--
things are more like they used to be than they are now.

will@serensoft.com *** http://www.dontUthink.com/