Re: Need CPAN Perl mods help

John Foster wrote:

> will trillich wrote:
>
> > so i broke down and read the manual. i hate that.
> >
> >         % man CPAN
> OOPS!! I was trying > man cpan with no results :-/

go figure. the command-line command is
	% cpan
but the perl package name is
	CPAN
as the actual module is called
	CPAN.pm
... why they didn't keep it all upper-case, i dunno.
just to cause folks like us, stress.

> >         > o conf make_install_arg UNINST=1
> I tried this and it seems to work. The command has to be entered from
> the cpan command line at the beginning of each session though. That is
> the case on my setup anyway.

there may be a config file it reads. check the manpage
(i haven't) or* browse the source code (very, very large)
looking for /open or /config or suchlike.

*of course, with the perldoc facility, they are actually
the same file...

in my laziness, the quickest way i've found to determine where
a library is, is with:
	% perl -de 1
	> use Module::Submodule

> Thanks for the pointers Will!!

glad i can help reduce the anguish quotient on the planet,
even if by half an iota. (maybe you can do the same for
me some day...)

--
mailto:will@serensoft.com
http://www.dontUthink.com/