Re: partitions and lilo

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 05:36:29PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     Hello,
>
> Am doing project here loading up many versions of linux. I wish to
> use my 20gb hd. All was going well until I reached the 4 primary partition
> mark - and fdisk said no in no uncertain terms and complained that I
> should wack a partition and build an extended partion.

Yes, make an extended partition, then you can make logical partitions within
that.  I think there may be a limit as to how many logical partitions you
may have, but I think it is over 10...

I'm not sure if you have to make an extended partition, or if you can just
start making logicals and it makes the extended one automatically...

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."
                -- Albert Einstein