Re: Trying to setup Xwindows on the i810 chipset

i setup 12 machines with i810

for machines that did not have X support for X out of the box i just
replaced the XF86_SVGA binary.  however on potato there is X support for
i810 but you need the kernel driver which i dont think comes with potato
..the first time i seutp 810 on potato it took many hours to find a
working driver/X server combo. the source for the kernel driver is part of
the X336 source distribution and you can get it from www.xfree86.org, run
a search for 'agpgart' there are many different agpgarts but from what i
found only that one worked(that particular version). i can provide you
witht he source of agpgart as well i have it somewhere still...

or you can use the X server and driver from intel which it seems like
thats what you have there, in that case(if it were me) i'd just backup the
existing XF86_SVGA and replace it, since that is what the XFCom_i810
driver is just a hacked XF86_SVGA. the link is /etc/X11/X

nate