Re: Problems with AC97 PCI sound card

Francois Fayard <fayard@clipper.ens.fr> writes:
FF> I own a AC97 PCI Audio sound card built in my main board.

I've had decent luck with a similar configuration using ALSA, using
the snd-card-via686a module.

FF> I've tried to load the ac97_codec module with modconf.
FF> Here is the list of my modules loaded in my kernel
FF>
FF> Module                  Size  Used by
FF> soundcore               2628   0  (autoclean) (unused)
FF> ac97_codec              7044   0  (unused)

This pretty clearly indicates that the kernel OSS sound driver isn't
noticing your card; I don't know a good way to work around that, though.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell