XF86Setup Mouse Problems

Ahhh if its not one thing its another! :P
Anyways, got on as root, did a XF86Setup, and read all the popup stuff, then
it goes to Mouse Protocol or what not. Anyways, I have a MS IntelliMouse
1.1A PS/2 Compat. mouse, I figured I should select the Protocol
'IntelliMouse' and hit A to apply, but then my mouse still doesnt respond
after selecting that protocol. To make a long story short, ive tried
everything, yet my mouse STILL does not respond after applying changes and
selecting a mouse protocol. Hoping to get some help with this if anyone can,
appreciate it in advance.

-Daniel Stehm