Re: Install linux with Pentium Pro 200 Bi-Proc.

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 06:38:19PM +0200,
Centre St.Boniface <accueil@cstb.ch> wrote:

> i.e. Do we need driver of the motherboard, and could send it to us?
> Is it other particularities, we must care of.

You should install the kernel source. If you are using Debian, you should
select the latest kernel source package and install it. For this, you can
use 'deselect', 'capt' or type:

apt-get install kernel-source-2.2.17

as root. If you aren't running Debian, you can download the latest kernel
source in a .tar.gz format from http://www.kernel.org. Extract it to
/usr/src/.

One you have done this, go into /usr/src/linux-2.2.17 (or whatever
directory it made) and type

make menuconfig

Select all of the relevant options, including support for SMP systems.

I hope this helps.
--
Chaotic42 <chaotic42@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~chaotic42/

We are what we repeatedly do - Aristotle