Re: How widely is Debian used for production?

    >> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 09:08:10PM -0700, Nick Willson wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I am seeking help identifying installations that use Debian in production.
    >> > Specifically, for database servers, and ideally for web sites that read from
    >> > and write to a database.
    >> >
    Nick> [snip]
    >>
    >> one example i can vouch for:
    >>
    >> http://www.dontUthink.com/ uses mysql *and* postgresql on potato (2.2) debian.
    >>

    Nick> Thanks.  A list of the sites identified so far, nearly all from replies on
    Nick> debian-user, is here:

Awhile ago (July '99) I had a short email exchange with Mike Orr, the
(then?) webmaster of SSC (publishers of Linux Journal), who told me
that all their Linux systems run Debian (including their webservers).

Bye, J

PS: If you read this, Mike, I hope I haven't given out a secret... ;-)

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
          My WebHome: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard