Restoring printer to operation

Short of re-installing potato how can I get my printer back after having done
a dist-upgrade to woody.  Everything worked with an earlier upgrade.

These are the pertinent lines from /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable non-free
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable contrib
deb http://kde.tdyc.com woody kde2
deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main
deb http://www.gnome.gr.jp/~tagoh/debian/gnome-db ./
deb-src http://www.gnome.gr.jp/~tagoh/debian/gnome-db ./

A probable cause of printer failure is that printtool will not complete a
configuration.  When a printer is selected and 'OK' button is clicked a Tcl
script  error is displayed:
   bad listbox index "": must be active, anchor, end, @x,y, or a number.
Oh, just occurred to me - that's the second click. The first click does not
return a list of drivers.
Did apt-get remove printtool, then apt-get install printtool.

Ideas?