Re: succesor to dpkg

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 10:42:18PM +0200, Leen Besselink wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > It was called HPML and it's fairly dead. There is a CVS, but nothing more
> > than a skeleton and a spec document. I think Wichert is working on
> > something else.
>
> Yes, and he's gonna propose the non .deb people should use that too (as
> it's better then deb and rpm and also it would be great to have One
> packaging systeem):
>
> http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~wichert/talks/
>
> (and then choose the talk about package managment obviously).
>
> Quiet interresting to read.

Thanks guys.  That's exactly what I couldn't remeber.

So by dead do you mean permanetely or temporarily?  Like, I *might* know a
few people who might be interested in it...

I mean, that talk was given march 2000, and I remember first hearing about
HPML well before that.

--
Pat Mahoney	<patmahoney@gmx.net>

If puns were deli meat, this would be the wurst.