Re: New to Debian, boot problems

Booting Debian (or any Linux) from the 2nd drive with Lilo is not a
problem. I'm booting from the 3rd drive. It should be just a matter of
getting /etc/lilo.conf set up right, and then reinstalling Lilo by
running the 'lilo' command as root.

Here's a basic template for /etc/lilo.conf for what you want to do:

boot=/dev/hda          (install Lilo to MBR of master drive)
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
prompt                 (display Lilo prompt on boot)
timeout=100            (boot default after 10 seconds if no keybd input)
default=debian         (set default OS )
image=/path/to/your/kernel
  label=debian
  root=/dev/hdb?       (your root partition such as /dev/hdb1)
  read-only            (mount root read only until fsck runs - standard)
other=/dev/hda?        (location of your other OS such as /dev/hda1)
  label=legacy

See 'man lilo' and /usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt for more details on
Lilo.

Tom