Re: TOT: Virus reports to the list and x-envelope-to:

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 01:57:10AM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> > 1)      They're replying to the list, rather than to the x-envelope
> > sender... whats the difference between my.netvigatr.com errors and these
> > virus warnings?
>
> Well, NOTHING is going to send anything to any x- header address. They
> MIGHT send something to an Errors-To: header but SHOULD send to the
> envelpe sender (bounce-debian-user..blahblahblah). Seems Microsoft is
> inspecting the message body looking at From: or Reply-To: headers whis is
> the WRONG THING TO DO.
>
> If you are going to bounce a message, send it to the envelope sender or
> the Errors-To: address.

looks to me like the only header that seems appropriate is
that is the only real header with the bounce-debian-user-blahlbahlbah,
but that head appears in From (NOT From: with the colon) and in an
X-From_:

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/