Re: how can I get a HP932C PRINTER to work with RedHat Linux

> Susan Earle wrote:
>
> Has anyone found a way to get a HP932C printer to work with Redhat
> Linux?

I've never used that printer, but a quick search suggests that
ghostscript supports it with the cdj850 driver.

Ghostscript is a program that interprets postscript files and converts
them to be displayed or printed out.

Redhat linux has a GUI program for configuring the printer driver,
called 'printtool' (now also available on Debian).

> Is there a printer driver that will work for both Windows and
> Redhat Linux?

I guess there's a chance one day that you'll be able to use windows
printer drivers with Linux by using Wine (a windows api clone for
linux)... but at the moment, there's no way in hell you'd be able to use
the same driver in both operating systems.

Matthew

ps. This list is for Debian linux users. RedHat may have their own list,
or you can buy technical support from them - http://www.redhat.com