Re: Soundblaster 128PCI problems

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 11:10:36AM +0000,
Zeth Rodriguez <zethr@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've just installed Debian Potato, and during the installation process
> answeared yes for sound suport. How do I configure it?
> When I do a cat on /proc/pci the system finds the card, but when I try to
> load the modules I get "Unresolved symbol unregister_sound_mixer....etc.".
> Also tried the "sndconfig" from Woody, but got the message unknown
> vendor/model.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions to this problem?

I had to install the kernel source and under sound support, select ES1370, as
Creative Labs uses Ensoniq chips now (so it seems). If you've done this, make
sure that you're inserting the soundcore module first. Hope this helps

--
Chaotic42 <chaotic42@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.com/~chaotic42/

Love conquers all - Virgil