Any knowledgeable Afio people out there?

After Afio has created an archive it produces a message similar
to:

'afio: Final count: 7m+12k+0 bytes written'

Is the size given the size of the files before they were archived
or is it the size of the compressed archive?

My next query is not produced by Afio but by the SCSI Tape module
 when Afio was running.

I use Afio in my backup script and the last backupo failed
because, I think, the tape was faulty.  I have since re-run the
backup successfully with a different tape.

However during the failed backup the following messages were
added to /var/log/messages:

Sep 26 09:07:55 DATAMAN1 kernel: st0: Error with sense data: Info
fld=0x3fff, Current st09:00: sense key Medium Error
Sep 26 09:07:55 DATAMAN1 kernel: Additional sense indicates
Medium format corrupted

This in itself is not surprising but there were about 20,000
similar lines.  Could that be considered normal under the
circumstances?

Barry Samuels