Re: Making chrony work

>>>>> "Kendall" == Kendall Shaw <queshaw@pacbell.net> writes:

Kendall> Hi, I've installed chrony, but it doesn't go. Can you make it
Kendall> go?

Kendall> More specifically, chronyd is running, and
Kendall> /etc/chrony/chrony.conf points to a stratum 2 server in santa
Kendall> cruz and another in quincy, CA. There's an entry in syslog
Kendall> which reads:

Kendall> chronyd[4028]: Selected source 165.227.1.1

Kendall> But, still the time is wrong.

Is there a large difference between the correct time and your system
time?

chrony (and other NTP clients, as far as I know) never changes the
time all at once, because that would hurt cron and other time
sensitive things.  Instead, it uses the adjtime system call to make
the system clock run just a little bit faster (or slower as the case
may be) until it's right.

Cheers,

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source