Re: isdn Problem (newbie)

:-> "Clemens" == Clemens Hermann <neo@linuxlupe.de> writes:

    > Hi,
    > I got a debian 2.2 set up but I do not get ISDN to run.
    > I want to use an AVM PCI Card which run under SuSE so it should be no
    > hardware proplem or similar.

    > I have read the ISDN-Howto and the chapter in the debian linux guide.
    > The problem occurs when I try to load the hisax module via modconf.
    > The messages in syslog look like this:

    > Sep 25 16:45:33 ramses kernel: HiSax: AVM driver Rev. 2.11
    > Sep 25 16:45:33 ramses kernel: HiSax: AVM A1 hscx A fifo port 0 already
    > in use
    > Sep 25 16:45:33 ramses kernel: HiSax: Card AVM A1 not installed !

looks like the machine doesn't see your card. check that it's properly
installed (pci slots are a bit hard to press a card into, sometimes),
and also check with lspci that the kernel actually recognizes the card
and that it is indeed an AVM card as you believe

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.0-test8 #1 Sun Sep 24 13:30:48 CEST 2000 i686 unknown