puzzled

I am new and trying to install debian 2.0
I did the fips thing on my fat32 (V.2.0) and now have the following on a
total disk space of 3682 MB:

Partition 1    non dos    299MB
Partition 2    non dos    201MB     (I don't know where these came from,
they were there when I got here)
Partition C: 3     PRI DOS      1512 MB    FAT32          41%usage
Partition D: 4     PRI DOS       1666MB     UNKNOWN   45%usage

I only put this here to see if I get any feedback....

then I boot up with the debian 2.0 cd in and it asks me to boot and I press
enter.
It huims along and seems to be having a great time and shortly after the
hda and hdb lines, this one comes up and the machine freezes:

md driver 0.35 MAX_MD_DEV=4, MAX_REAL=8

any suggestions what I should be looking for?

Thanks for any help

This is fun....I'm clueless but it's still fun.

dmgrant