Re: xdvi always generates the fonts

On 24 Sep 2000, Gernot Bauer wrote:
> I'm using debian 2.2 and when I start xdvi it always generates the fonts
> (although I looked at the file for many times and the fonts should be
> there...). Could that be a not-enough-rights-for-the-user-thing?
>
> Does anybody have a clue?
>
> Thanx, Gery
> --
> Gernot Bauer, University of Linz, Austria
> Gernot.Bauer@jk.uni-linz.ac.at
> -
> The answer is yes, me.

I had this problem once and it took a long time to track down. It turned
out that I'd managed to install two versions of xdvi in different
directories; the one that was being used was incorrect. Possibly you've
also done something like this?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."