Re: How to get rid of unused libs?

Hi Kai!

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Kai Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way, how I can find unused library packages which no package
> needs longer? If I install a new package (e.g. for testing) sometimes a
> lot of new libs are installed. But when removing the package, the libs
> stay on system.
>
> Someone has a solution? I think, I could hack a script for myself, but
> let's see what the others say.

The solution is deborphan.

 deborphan finds "orphaned" packages on your system.
 It determines which packages have no other packages
 depending on their installation, and shows you a list of
 these packages. It is most useful when finding libraries,
 but it can be used on packages in all sections.

% apt-get install deborphan

HTH
--
Peter