Re: screen being blanked every 2 or 3 seconds?

On 24 Sep 2000, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> Did anyone else have this problem?

I experienced the same problem yesterday, bit I had to reboot to make it
go away. I have: Celeron 300, SiS 630 graphics, Dell monitor, kernel
2.2.17, Woody (updated through apt-get almost daily).

I ran into this problem yesterday morning. When I woke up, X had crashed,
so I ctrl-C'd out of X in vt1, and restarted by typing startx. That's when
the problem you described occured.

Hope this helps tracking it down... (although it didn't bother me that
much, since this is just my home PC)

Frederik