Re: DHCP client discovering too many interfaces

%% Phil Brutsche <pbrutsch@tux.creighton.edu> writes:

  pb> This is what I usually do:

  pb> 1) take away the symlink /etc/rcS.d/S20dhcp-client (or something like
  pb>    that)
  pb> 2) use /etc/network/interfaces to configure all interfaces.

Ah!  I see.  So, in my /etc/network/interfaces I have:

  iface eth0 inet dhcp
      up /etc/network/firewall-up

and that's all I need; I don't need to start dhcp-client at boot time?
The "dhcp" above will DTRT for eth0 only?

Thx!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>         Network Management Development