Obsolete packages

Hi,

just upgraded my system from a mix of Test 1 and Test 3 to the full 2.2 release.  Noticed that I now appear to have alot of "Obsolete/local Optional packages" now showing in dselect.  According to the docs the best way to get rid of this (as these packages are the current versions) is to run apt-get [packages] or remove and reinstall them.  apt-get doesn't seem to work, tells me that the most up to date version of installed (this error didn't supprise me).  Anyone got a easier hack to do this via a script of something, or any ideas as to how I can sort this out.

Cheers

Jon