Re: Some questions

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 03:58:09AM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 11:16:50AM +0100, Timothy Bedding (tim@bedding0.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>
> > Searching the list archive gives links to cgi.debian.org which do not
> > work.  I wonder whether this is actually a problem in my Netscape
> > browswer.
>
> Works here.  Can you raise the host with ping or traceroute?

When you search for something, it returns a URL along the lines of
http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/debian-user-0007/msg00080.html
       ^^^            ^^^^^^^

The list archives are actually at a URL like this:
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-0007/msg00080.html

This has been going on for a very long time... According to the bug
tracking system, this is supposed to have been fixed. Who wants to be
the lucky person to refile the bug against listarchives?

Wow, that's an odd coincidence... i just searched for 'foo' and picked
the first one on the list, and it returned one of my own messages!

--
  finger for GPG public key.