Re: How widely is Debian used for production?

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 01:20:16AM -0500 or thereabouts, Kent West wrote:
> > > Potato, so far just for development.  Naturally, I think Debian, as the
> > > 'Universal Operating System', would be a good choice for eventual production
> > > use also, but there is some reluctance in the company.  If you know of
> > > installations or web sites that are using Debian in production, please let me
> > > know (or if you think Debian is *not* a good choice).
>
> why is there a hesitance (if i may ask)?

It's unease at the prospect of being pioneers, so being able to say, 'look all
these other sites are running Debian in production' should convince them that
they will not be pioneering.  They come from a mostly Windows and Sun
background, but are still reasonable people  ;-)

> running a database or web server is not a matter of linux distro.
> it all depends on the web/sys admin. IMHO.

Yes, I agree.  Thanks, and thanks also for the other replies that have been
coming in.  I'll post a summary in a couple of days.