Re: Some questions

> What is the support status of slink (Debian 2.1)?

debian-security-annouce (i think) says, that it is phasing out.
due to user response they will partly support it till Oct 30 2000.

> Will packages for potato install on slink? Will they
> work on slink?

sometimes ...
the libs in slink are quite old, so many problems may arise. also, slink
has a quite old kernel.

> Searching the list archive gives links to cgi.debian.org
> which do not work.
> I wonder whether this is actually a problem in my
> Netscape browswer.
>
> Should I report this problem with the search mechanism
> to Debian?

this is known. i found a notice on some page - interestingly not the
search page itself. their system is re-structured or something.

regards

Real programmers don't comment their code.
It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
--
Become part of the world's biggest computer cluster -
join http://www.distributed.net/