Re: my puppy won't always go to sleep

> #!/bin/sh
> [...]

the spinup possibly comes from updating the access time of the just called
apm command. so two suggestions:
1) use noatime in the mount options of / (or /usr - i don't know, where apm
lives). however, this may be a bad idea.
2) remount all drives ro instead of doing the three syncs. remember to
remount rw after wake-up. this may not work because of files still open
for writing - i don't know.

hth

Real programmers don't comment their code.
It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
--
Become part of the world's biggest computer cluster -
join http://www.distributed.net/