Re: IRC proxying

-> I have found the bounce IRC proxy in 2.3 debian.
-> Does anyone of you knows of security issues with this proxy ?
-> May I recommend it safely to my school (that has cut our irc access
-> lately for security reasons) ?

IRC proxying isn't so simple; many servers check (and require) IDENT reply;
also many servers place limit on cout of connections from your machine; Also
DCC will probably not work through proxy the way out. Anyway, there are
cases where you can use it. i don''t see any security problem with it...

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/