Boot disk dilemma

OK folks...it looks like I've got myself a bit of a problem. Suffice to say, the libc.so.6 on one of my boxes got wiped out. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near the box, and only have a semi-computer-literate "remote hands" at the location, without any boot disks (well, there was one, but it doesn't boot anymore). So, I figure the best solution is to make some sort of boot disk with just enough to boot up, mount the filesystem, and either copy libc.so.6 from a floppy or download it from a machine. Then I could walk him through creating a floppy from a disk image, and all would be well. Any suggestions on this?

Daniel