RE: resolv.conf question

i don't think i am (i use ppp):

# ps ax | grep -i pump
 1909 pts/0    S      0:00 grep -i pump
# ps ax | grep -i dhcp
 1911 pts/0    S      0:00 grep -i dhcp

there was a script for pump in rc2.d, but it's not linked in any of the
runlevels, and i greped for it in the scripts that are linked in rc2.d.

anyway, i just removed pump from the system (interestingly, it didn't remove
the script, so i removed that by hand).

i'll reboot to do a test, but is there another possible cause?

thanks!
pete