Re: How do I remove/unload isapnp?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, STrandahl@aol.com wrote:
> I suspect that isapnp may be conflicting with the 5.9c ALSA drivers I'm
> trying to load.  How do I configure the system so that I save my
> configuration files, but isapnp doesn't run?

rename the file /etc/isapnp.conf to /etc/isapnp.conf.save:
example: mv /etc/isapnp.conf /etc/isapnp.conf.save

When you reboot isapnp will not find the config file and will not run. You may
also want to change or save your modules setup info. If you are using woody and
sndconfig, then rename the file /etc/modutils/sndconfig to
/etc/modutils/sndconfig.save and don't forget to run update-modules. I have
also found it is a good idea to reboot after changing sound modules. They may
load with no errors but the sound may not work properly until the reboot.

--
I'm here to paint but I've forgotten my brush...
You got beer?

Mark Schiltz