Re: off topic - scsi partitions & swap & raid

Concur with Wesley - raid on one drive is like mounting a ramdisk as /tmp - pointless because any benefits from the technique are nullified by the way you've done it.

Now for:
raid 0 (striping) min drives 2, reads and writes faster, no reduncancy.
raid 1 min drives 3, 2/3 of your total disk space is available. Fault tolerant.
raid 4 min drives 3(?) One whole drive is for parity.
raid 5 min drives 3, distributed parity bits, allows one disk to fail.
raid 6 min drives 4, distributed parity bits, allows for two disks to fail.

I'd recommend two more 18 Gb drives for a speedy 54 Gb raid 0, or a 36 Gb raid 1 or 5.

(from the guy who has been playing with raid on three 80 Mb conner scsi drives.) (next plan is to make a raid 0 or 5 over a raid0(80+80+80) + raid0(80+160) + 250 Mb
drives.  Need more power supplies first :)