Re: Filtering with Procmail

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 09:47:25PM -0400, Adam Scriven wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 09:13:46PM -0400, Joel Dinel wrote:
> > Can I use Procmail to also filter out SPAM I get on a regular basis from a
> > bunch of spam servers (MyFamily.com, copernic.ca, V3) ?
>
> Yup.
> You should pose this question to the procmail list, but I think this recepie
> will do.
>
> > And how would I do that ?
>
> :0:
    ^^

there is no need to do mailbox locking on /dev/null.

> * ^From:.*myfamily.com.*
> /dev/null
>
> I think that'll work.

that will work, just get rid of the locking for /dev/null to avoid
lots of spurious errors in procmail.log.

also the trailing .* after myfamily.com is probabaly not necessary.
its best to not go overboard with the regexp otherwise you risk
throwing away legit mail too!

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/