Re: About Nestcape 4.75

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 01:49:52PM -0600, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> > deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free
> >
> > enabled me to upgrade from 4.72 to 4.75.
>
> OK, I added this, ran
>    apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade
> and it updated only netscape-base-4_1%3a4.75-2_i386.deb which is a tiny
> 37KB deb file.
>
> Did you actually get the full 4.75 installed?

I had the same thing happen.  I then ran dselect, did the update and select
menus and rather than selecting any packages, I noted that it had selected
NS to upgrade, went to the install option and the update worked fine,
along with the glibc update.

Dunno why the apt-get cammands didn't work...

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good