Re: Netscape errors??

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 11:13:52PM -0400, Christopher W. Aiken wrote:

> Question for you.  I just installed, using apt-get, Communicator 4.73
> from my Official CD's.  When I fire up Netscape I get the following
> errors printed out.  Anyone know why??
>
> ls: /usr/lib/netscape/473/wrapper.d: No such file or directory
> ls: /usr/lib/netscape/473/communicator/wrapper.d: No such file or directory

    Yeah, I get that too.

    I've been assuming that the wrapper script that fires up netscape is
looking for these files, and the ls in the script is coming back false, and
the author didn't bother to redirect stderr to /dev/null. But, I haven't
looked at the code to confirm this.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX