Re: Configuring KDE- Dial Up PPP

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 12:39:40AM -0700, Jacob Hunter wrote:
-|When i run Dial Up Networking on KDE a box comes up saying pppd died unexpectedly...  I have my connection configured properly to work with my ISP, but it still says that... i even tried a different ISP...
-|anyone have any ideas?
-|jacob
-|

Do an "ls -l" on your pppd and see what "group" it belongs too.
Add yourself to that group.  Then logout/login to reset your
group list.  Also look in /etc/ppp for an options file.  If there
is no options file then "touch options" to create an empty one.

---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com
Preferred O/S: Debian Linux 2.2