Re: exim howto newbie ?

	Subject: exim howto newbie ?
	Date: Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 10:00:27AM +1000

Quoting christo(chris@platypus.net.au):
> hi to all that are able to shed some light with this problem i am having.
>
> i have 3 domains on my system
>
> dom-one.com
> dom-two.com
> dom-three.com
>
> and 3 users on my system
>
> userA
> userB
> userC
>
> * at this point in time, exim is a fresh install on the system. i have been
> through the eximconfig and entered relevent details for my
> network and local domains hosted on this box etc etc.
>
> from my interpretation of the docs, i assign email addresses to these users
> by the following entries in the /etc/aliases file, specifically
 I believe you have interpreted that incorrectly.

 In /etc/email-addresses I have;

 UserA:	NameA@domA
 UserB: NameB@domB
 UserC: NameC#domC

In /etc/aliases.txt I have

postmaster: boss
root: boss

daemon: root
bin: root
sys: root

What command did you run to compile the alias DB?

As I am 'not' an exim Guru, I would suggest you subscribe to the exim
mailing list.  The Developer runs it and He knows all the answers.

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)

--
Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will use it.