Re: APM: disable mouse interrupt?

On Sunday, 17 September 2000 at 14:31, Krzys Majewski wrote:
> How can I disable the mouse interrupt for APM so that moving the mouse
> does not resume the machine? (The  mouse is on my desk, there are other
> things on my desk, some of these things move occasionally, etc.)
> I tried disabling IRQ4 in the  apm section of the bios setup, which I
> *think* is my mouse interrupt because
>
> 14:29:24<~>$ setserial /dev/ttyS0
> /dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
>
> and because
>
> 14:29:25<~>$ ls -la /dev/mouse
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            7 Aug 30 15:54 /dev/mouse -> gpmdata
> 14:29:50<~>$ ls -la /dev/modem
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Aug 27 06:20 /dev/modem -> /dev/ttyS1
>
> but no go. Then again, /proc/interrupts says:
>
> 12:     130888          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>
> Note that 12 != 4. WTF? -chris

you have a PS/2 mouse, and it's on interrupt 12. Try disabling
that. /dev/mouse indicates that you're providing your mouse to X via
gpm, so you'd have to check your gpm config to see what it thinks is
your mouse (see /etc/gpm.conf).

Having your modem on ttyS1 probably means nothing.

--
Don't make Godzilla mad!