Re: Kernel panic (continuation)

would be helpful if you specified what kind of MB you have with what
kind of controller, and what brand/type of HD, on the linux-kernel
mailing list the IDE guy has cursed Western Digital drives for not
behaving in a sane manner when doing DMA transfers. and for causing
major problems when WD drives are mixed with other drives.

nate