Re: Can anyone else verify this ???

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 10:00:05PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:

> Using kernel 2.4-pre8
>
> I can not access www.ibm.com or www.cdw.com yet can access many other
> sites without problem. If I reboot into 2.2.17, I can access the sites
> just fine.
>
> My reason for asking here is to do a quick poll of other Linux users
> who MIGHT be using the 2.4-pre kernels before I say anything on the
> kernel list. Maybe it is something goofy I did in my config but I
> don't think so.

There was a report at linuxtoday.com about a newly support IP header bit
that indicates a congested network.  Anyway, turns out if this bit is
set, many prominent web sites will drop the IP packets.  The idea is,
the system can throttle packet sending to reduce drops/resends.  I
forgot the name of the bit, but you might want to make sure it's turned
off. IBM was among the sites listed as dropping packets...

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found