[O.T.] Ethics & Security [was Re: Debian VS. Red Hat + MS]

Hi,

<rant>

I think that software vendors need to take responsibility for the
security implications of their products.

I personally don't much care if visual basic script allows for the
propogation of viruses that reformat your hard drive, that can go
under "the trad offs you make" heading.  But if remote exploits in IIS
allow some cracker to focus 2^n NT boxes into a DDOS attack on my net
work (or your's or whom ever), then the "trade offs" that M$ makes for
their customers has a potential of harm for anyone on the net.

</rant>

-jon
ps.  I will make every effort to keep my next 10 posts on topic :)