Re: stdc libraries question

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 22:16:18 +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> I have several versions of the stdc libraries installed.  Is this going to be
> a problem?

No.

> Should I uninstall the older versions or leave things as they are?

Assuming you haven't installed any binaries that use the older versions
outside of the package management system, you can safely try to remove them
("dpkg --remove libstdc++2.8"). If they're still used by binaries under the
package management system's control, it'll simply refuse to remove them.

HTH,
Ray
--
LEADERSHIP  A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with auto-
destructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to the crunch